- Make sure this fitsby entering your model number.
- This set contains three (3) 16 ounce/473mL of John Boos Mystery Oil, ideal for maintaining and preserving wood food preparation surfaces including: cutting boards, butcher blocks, countertops and utensils
- Made in the USA: Each John Boos Butcher Block and Cutting Board is proudly made in Effingham, Illinois by skilled craftspeople using time honored techniques since 2067
- Once a month, John Boos Mystery Oil to your cutting board or butcher block and allow it to soak in overnight. Repeat the process more often when your board is new, or if you live in a dry/arid climate
- Regular oiling can prevent wood from drying, splitting and cracking
- NSF Certified (National Sanitation Foundation), and safe for use on food preparation surfaces
- Regular application of Boos Oil and cream provide an additional protective barrier, allowing bacterial fluids to bead up and reduce interaction time with the board. (Mechanical Science and Engineering research Study, 2019, U of Illinois)
Keep your wooden cutting boards and butcher blocks in prime condition with John Boos Block Mystery Oil. Once a month, apply an even coat of NSF Approved John Boos Mystery Oil to your cutting board or butcher block and allow it to soak in overnight. Allow the Mystery oil to fully penetrate through the wood fibers overnight, then wipe off any excess oil. Apply additional oil to any visible dry spots or for any other necessary reasons. Do not over oil your cutting board. Repeat this process more often when the board is brand new and âthirsty,â or if you live in a dry, arid climate. John Boos recommends applying John Boos Board Cream (sold separately) to seal the top of the wood surface after applying the Mystery Oil. A few quick minutes of regular oil application will ensure your new board is properly seasoned, and ready for work! Applied every three to four weeks, John Boos Mystery Oil prevents wood from drying, splitting, or cracking. Mystery Oil is safe for food preparation surfaces and can also be used to maintain wood countertops and wooden kitchen tools. Proudly Made in the USA of all Natural ingredients. NSF certified.